Education reimbursement program overview
The UC ANR Staff Assembly is committed to supporting career training and professional development opportunities for ANR staff to further career advancement. The UC ANR Staff Assembly has established an education reimbursement program to provide financial assistance to UC ANR Staff to pursue career interests, develop new career paths, and address knowledge or skill gaps needed to reach professional development goals.
- ANR career staff employees who have completed the probationary period. (This includes all represented and non-represented staff).
- All UCCE County paid staff employees in good standing.
- Courses, seminars, conferences and workshops must pertain to career development training activities.
- Courses cannot be taken during work hours unless previously arranged with and approved by supervisor.
Reimbursements may be used for:
- Courses/tuition/registration fee for required certification(s).
- Courses/tuition/registration required for degree attainment if related to current position or career development.
- Registration fees for seminars and workshops (excluding travel).
- Books and materials for career development (as required by selected course/workshop etc.).
Reimbursements may NOT be used for:
- Travel, food, parking and incidental expenses. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Courses required for your current position (i.e., certificates, licenses, etc.) and paid for with office funding.
- Funding up to $499, dependent on amount of eligible applications received.
- Training activities must occur between November 1 and April 15 or April 16th and October 31st.
- Reimbursement allocation will be considered only for successfully completed training activities. Proof of completion with a passing grade must accompany applications for courses or seminars (i.e. grade report, transcript, certificate, etc.)
- Applications must be submitted by close of business April 15 or October 31st. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Receipts for all eligible expenses are required for reimbursement and must be submitted with application.
- Applications received incomplete or without required documentation will not be considered.
- The UC ANR Staff Assembly Council will review applications within 30 days of application close date. Award recipients will be notified within 60 days and receive reimbursement when notified.
How to apply
To apply for a Staff Assembly education reimbursement, fill out and download form and submit with receipts and required documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email once your request is received.
The two reimbursement cycles are from November 1 to April 15 and April 16th to October 31st.
Staff Assembly Education Reimbursement Committee:
Wylie Skillman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Lake, email: email@example.com