Welcome UC ANR Staff
All UC ANR staff employees are members of the UC ANR Staff Assembly, including county-paid, part-time and limited-appointment staff. The elected leaders of the group seek your input on policies, processes and programs and serve in an advisory capacity to UC ANR leadership, giving staff a collective voice on issues of concern. The assembly also will provide support for career training and professional development to staff to aid career advancement. Send us an email with your questions for the council.
Summary of Staff Assembly Council Programs FY21-22
See a roundup of just some of the programs made possible by Staff Assembly during the past year, including:
- Educational Reimbursement
- ANR Grows
- Wellness initiatives (ANR Moves, Wellness Reimbursement, Walker Tracker)
- Coffee with the Assemblies
Coffee with the Assemblies!
Chat with Staff Assembly Council, Academic Assembly Council and colleagues!
What: Coffee with the Assemblies
Who: All ANR staff and academics are welcome to join leadership from Staff Assembly Council (SAC) and Academic Assembly Council (AAC) for “coffee chats.”
When: TBD; stay tuned for next sessions
Why: These “coffee chats” will let SAC and AAC know what is on your mind to help inform each assemblies’ priorities, goals, and programs, and to help foster a spirit of collaboration between ANR’s staff and academics. AAC and SAC will also provide updates on our current work and let you know how you can get involved in a solutions-oriented approach to proactively shaping your workplace.
UC ANR Staff Assembly Vision/Mission
The resolve of the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) Staff Assembly is to cultivate satisfied, dedicated and professional staff to work with UC ANR Senior Leadership and other members of the ANR community to promote the interest and welfare of all staff employees. This vision will be accomplished by:
- Reaching out to and receiving feedback from all UC ANR staff on issues of concern, thereby giving staff a collective voice to Senior Leadership.
- Offering opinions and recommendations to Senior Leadership on policies, processes and programs.
- Fostering an understanding of ANR’s mission by providing learning and other opportunities to increase the exchange of knowledge in all aspects of the ANR community.
- Offering career training and professional development opportunities to all ANR staff to further career advancement.
Staff Assembly "Current" E-newsletters
Peruse the current and back issues of The Current, ANR Staff Assembly's monthly e-newsletter.
ANR staff encouraged to support and engage with Staff Assembly
UC ANR Vice President Glenda Humiston shares the importance of ANR's Staff Assembly Council.
Introducing new Staff Assembly and Principles of Community
UC ANR now has its own Staff Assembly and Principles of Community, announced at a town hall in the ANR Building in Davis in 2016.