Ambassador information for UC Walks
Staff Assembly Ambassador responsibilities: As the UC Walks wellness event approaches, you may encounter additional participants desiring to be involved. ANR Staff Assembly will be able to supply a small number of T-shirts (S, M, L, XL, & XXL sizes) for those who were not signed-up originally. REMEMBER: ANR staff includes county-paid, part-time, full-time, non-represented, represented) employees. Also, directors and academics are encouraged to participate!
- Prepare for the UC Walks event by discussing with your staff members a simple, yet exciting walking course. Determine the distance and location of the walking course by your specific employee/location needs & conditions.
- The day of the event, distribute UC Walks T-shirts to each “wellness walker”. The UC Walks T-Shirt should be worn during the entire event.
- Record each “wellness walkers” minutes. The standard method that UCOP is utilizing: 15 minutes of walking approximately equals 1 mile. Document and report your total minutes walked on Collaborative Tools under discussion subject “UC Walks minutes walked.”
- Important! Have a designated ANR employees take pictures of UC Walks Suggestions: group photos with your location sign, “wellness walkers” in action, charismatic/fun pictures with UC Walks T-Shirts. After the event is completed, send UC ANR Staff Assembly two of your UC Walks pictures illustrating the event.
- During staff meetings, team member workshops, or individual communication, continue to educate/inform all staff, academics, and faculty of this UC system-wide wellness event.
T-Shirt Shipment, Delivery, and Inventory: Each Staff Assembly ambassador will submit a mailing/shipping address for UC Walks T-Shirts to be delivered to. Please use the “Staff Assembly Ambassador” Collaborative Tools discussion subject “UC Walks T-Shirt Shipment address.” Upon arrival, please take an accurate inventory according your previous T-Shirt order. Delivery of T-shirts depends on the main arrival from UCOP. If you need to make any adjustments to your order, contact Nikolai Schweitzer through Collaborative Tools.
Supplemental Documentation: 2018 UC Walks logo & UC Walks 2017 Summary